Anxiety never goes away; the key is to manage it well. When you're nervous or tense, try these suggestions:
- Take a break by doing yoga, listening to music, meditating, getting a massage, or learning how to relax. Taking a step back from a situation or condition might help you clear your mind.
- Consume well-balanced meals. Meals should not be skipped. Keep healthy, energy-boosting snacks on hand if you can't eat a full dinner.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine, since both can exacerbate anxiety and provoke panic episodes.
- Get adequate sleep and don't scrimp on it. When you're anxious, your body needs more sleep and rest.
- Daily workouts make you feel good and keep your health in check. These small activities can help you deal with anxiety:
- Take a few deep breaths in and out. Slowly inhale and exhale. Slowly count to ten Repeat, and if required, count to 20.
- Try your hardest. Rather of striving for perfection, celebrate your progress.
- Recognize that you won't be able to control everything. Examine your stress level: Is it as terrible as you believe?
- A little humor may go a long way toward reducing worry. A good attitude aids in the substitution of pleasant ideas for negative ones.
- You may take a break from everyday stress by joining a supportive group or taking up a hobby.
- Recognize your anxiety and stress triggers. It could be work, family, school, or something else entirely. Keep track of the times you're agitated or nervous on a daily basis. Seek out a pattern.
- For expert assistance, see a physician or therapist. When you're feeling overwhelmed, friends and family can assist.