|Overview ||Calaptin 40 Tablet (Verapamil Hydrochloride) belongs to a class of drug known as calcium channel blockers, which is used to treat hypertension, angina, and other heart rhythm disorders. Calaptin 40 Tablet contains the drug Verapamil Hydrochloride that belongs to a class of drug known as calcium channel blockers, which acts by preventing calcium ions from entering the cells of the heart and arteries. This lowers the blood pressure. |
|Uses || |
- Angina Pectoris
|Safety Advice || |
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Calaptin 40 Tablet. Please consult your physician.
- In patients with kidney disease, the drug Calaptin 40 Tablet is safe to use. Please consult your physician.
- In patients with mild to moderate liver disease, use Calaptin 40 Tablets with caution. This medicine is not recommended for patients with severe liver disease. Please consult your physician.
- Use Calaptin 40 Tablet only if the possible benefit outweighs the potential harm. Please consult your physician.
- Use of Calaptin 40 Tablets while lactating or during breast feeding is considered to be safe. Please consult your physician.
- Calaptin 40 Tablets may cause dizziness, so they should be used with caution while driving and operating heavy machinery. Please consult your physician.
- This medicine is not recommended for use if you have a previously known allergic reaction to it or any other ingredient present along with it.
- Calaptin 40 Tablet is not recommended in paediatric patients less than 18 years of age.
- It should be used with a lower dose for the treatment of hypertension in elderly people.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice products with Calaptin 40 Tablet.
- Monitor blood pressure at regular intervals, when treating hypertension with Calaptin 40 Tablet.
- Calaptin 40 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with the presence of diseases in which neuromuscular transmission is affected (such as myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, advanced Duchenne muscular dystrophy).
|Side Effects || |
Most of the side effects are mild and can subside as the body adjusts to the drug. If it still persists, consult your physician.
Some of the common side effects include:
- Gingival hyperplasia (an overgrowth of gum tissue around the teeth)
|How to Use ||Calaptin 40 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. It should not be chewed, crushed or broken. It can be taken with food. |