|Overview ||Bitelsar 40 Tablet contains two medicines, both of which help to control high blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure helps to reduce your risk of having a heart attack or a stroke in the future.
Bitelsar 40mg Tablet (Chlorthalidone + Telmisartan) belongs to a class of drug known as thiazide diuretics (water pills) and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonist (ARB) respectively, which is used to decrease blood pressure (hypertension), treat edoema (fluid retention) in patients who have congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis, or renal disease, as well as edoema induced by steroids or oestrogen. Bitelsar 40mg Tablet is a mixture of two drugs, Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, which are long-acting thiazide diuretics (water pills) and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (ARBs) respectively, with antihypertensive activity.
• Chlorthalidone acts in the kidney by removing extra sodium and water, thereby reducing edoema (swelling) and breathing issues caused by fluid in the lungs.
• Telmisartan works by preventing the body from producing a component that causes blood vessels to constrict. As a result, Telmisartan relaxes the blood vessels. This reduces blood pressure by increasing blood and oxygen flow to the heart. |
|Uses || |
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
|Safety Advice || |
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Bitelsar 40mg Tablet. Please consult your physician.
- In patients with kidney disease, use Bitelsar 40mg Tablet with caution. Please consult your physician. Monitor renal function tests regularly.
- In patients with mild to moderate liver disease, use Bitelsar 40mg Tablet with caution. This medicine is not recommended for patients with severe liver disease. Please consult your physician.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women since it may harm the unborn baby. Please consult your physician.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet is excreted in breast milk. Either discontinue the drug or discontinue the nursing based on the severity of the condition. Please consult your physician.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet may cause dizziness, so it should be used with caution while driving and operating heavy machinery. Please consult your physician.
- This medicine is not recommended for use if you have a previously known allergic reaction to it or any other ingredient present along with it.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet is not recommended in paediatric patients less than 6 years of age.
- It should be used with a lower dose for the treatment of hypertension in elderly people. There is a chance of electrolyte imbalance and regular monitoring of serum electrolytes regularly.
- Do not use chlorthalidone if you are unable to urinate or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet may exacerbate the risk of male sex dysfunction.
- Regular monitoring of serum electrolytes should be done in patients with Bitelsar 40mg Tablet.
- Bitelsar 40mg Tablet may exacerbate hypoglycaemia in diabetic individuals and mask clinical manifestations. Periodic monitoring of blood glucose should be done.
|Side Effects || |
Most of the side effects are mild and can subside as the body adjusts to the drug, if it still persists, consult your physician.
Some of the common side effects include:
- Electrolyte abnormalities
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
|How to Use || |
- Take this medication in the dose and for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Take it all at once. It should not be chewed, crushed, or broken. Bitelsar 40 Tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is best to take it at the same time every day.